Monday, September 21, 2015

september favorites

GUYS. I would be a good blogger. If blogging was as easy and fulfilling as holding john travoltas high note in "summer nights."

 whatever. Im back and it's going down.

september is the chillest month. It makes me want to slam dunk a pumpkin and cuddle up in 10 knit blankets while drinking a cup of freaking hot chocolate and don't you dare roll your eyes because I know i'm not alone here. unfortunately its still 80 degrees outside and not even my 4 apple cider candles can convince me it's fall. but i'm waiting anxiously because just like every other teenage girl in the world. fall is my favorite time of year.

despite my disappointment that its still too hot to wear sweaters, i'm celebrating September anyways and sharing my current favorite things. i'll try and do this every month, you know... if im not too busy taking naps and stuff.

man, i have to start making these intro's shorter.

+ FASHION

lets start with fashion week... aka the longest week of the year where i am reminded at every turn that my legs do not look like kendall jenner's. 

what models are good at: walking in a straight line, eyebrows, being rich
things i'm good at: refreshing the NYFW snapchat story every 3 minutes, while crying into a pint of ice cream. all jokes aside, i live and BREATHE fashion week. here are my favorite looks:

Rachel Zoe the boho queen killed it with this modern/gypsy line and I was drooling.




the diane von furstenburg show was dreamy af


the tommy finale was basically ICONIC. a swimming pool for a catwalk? gigi hadid leading a pack of bikini models? are we being serious right now?


but THIS. was my favorite look of the whole week. LONG LIVE QUEEN GIGI




+ SEPTEMBER STYLE ICON
Marcia. Brady.








 With her long blonde hair, barbie legs, and love for turtle necks and tube skirts... she's essentially my all time girl crush.

A-line skirts are everything. I got mine here


+ MUSIC

if you ever see me head banging and shoulder dancing in my car... i'm probably jamming to some of these:





 


+ ALBUMS THAT CAN HANG

Drake & Future // What A Time To Be Alive
one thing we all need to come to terms with is that this is drake's world and we are all just living in it.

Lana Del Rey // Honeymoon
basically the sound of angels weeping... im still freaking out.

Ryan Adams // 1989
 Ryan Adam's spin on swiftys latest album. IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL THINGS. acoustic versions already make me feel some type a way this time of year but THIS. Its like a slowed down, heart breaking version of 1989 and its flawless. It has sort of "The Smiths" vibe. it will make you want to sit on a windowsill and watch the rainfall while you set fire to love letters of boyfriends past.

check out "Style" and "Out Of The Woods" 


+THIS MONTHS THROWBACK

WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS. you guys have to understand I grew up on nickelodeon. Eliza Thornberry was my hero, and Tommy Pickles was my celebrity crush. So when I found out that nickelodeon is launching a new network where they only show 90's cartoons......... I went into cardiac arrest. 

ALSO?!?!?!?!?!??!?! I've been shipping chase and zoey before I even knew what shipping was... and if you havent been living under a rock, you've probably seen THIS.

this video is everything I stand for.

Anyways, i just remembered its been 3 months since i've read harry potter so I have to go.
Love you all.
xo




1 comment:

  1. You should intern at fashion week sometime! I've wanted to for sooo long and this year I finally did it and interned with Halston! Such an awesome experience. People treat you like crap but you get to be a part of FASHION WEEK so. Check out freefashioninternships.com like 1-2 months before it starts and a lot of companies start posting for interns and volunteers. When you get a chance, make time for it, find a place to stay, and GO. You won't regret it, and NY is amazing!

    ReplyDelete